Aug 23, 2010

The Last Feast and Wave


Jackie:

Friday night was officially our last crab feast of 2010. We had more crabs than we could eat, jumbo sized ones too. I told Brenden that I am glad to be a Koenig because they have taught me their ways, as far as seafood goes. I have such good memories of us spending the evening at the table covered in newspaper, bowls with concoctions to dip your crab meat in, wooden knockers, some good tunes and a mound of crabs in the center. I knew that it would be a while before we all sat at the table together with some freshly caught crustaceans.

But it didn't set it in until 4:30 yesterday afternoon. We'd spent longer at the beach than expected with some good friends. The skies were clear, the water was warm and the waves were perfect. A storm was far off in the distance but no one noticed it until it was time to leave. Brenden and I had both gone out surfing that afternoon but then realized we should go out one more time since it would be the last for a while. I wanted to make sure I had one solid ride on the long board... one I could feel satisfied with as I paddled in back to shore. One is never enough, but sometimes one ride is all the time you have for.

Thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment