Oct 4, 2011

A Nursery for a Studio

Brenden and I have moved into a little apartment in Richmond, VA and are trying to "settle down" a bit after this last year of traveling and transitioning. However, we have decided that the term "settle down" does not mean we have to become boring:) Brenden is working as a lube technician at a Chevrolet dealership and I am working in the afternoons with an after-school program at Gayton Baptist Church. I am also on the substitute list for 2 local preschools, so in the mornings when I am not there I am trying to paint as much as I can.

It has been quite a change from living in a vibrant community of missionaries in the Big Sky country to being back in Richmond. We have loved living by the ocean and in the mountains where life revolves around the weather and the land, where it matters which direction the wind blows and how much snow will cover the roads. Richmond is a different story. However, we are liking it so far and trying to get involved at Hope Church as well as meet some new friends. We are learning daily to trust God with our lives and provision as we move into this next phase of life- jobs, parenthood, etc. We will not forget what He has done and of His faithfulness to us.

We have two bedrooms and for now I am using the baby's room as my art studio. As I work in there I come up with ideas for his room, Christmas gifts and hopefully some more art to sell in the future. I knew I wouldn't want a traditional nursery so instead I decided to cover his room with art and photography. Nothing makes me feel more peaceful than the turquoise sea. Hopefully he'll feel the same?!


"Sailboat at Sea"
24x24 oil on canvas

The beginnings of a nursery....Mom and Dad above the crib. Ha!

"Treasure Cay Walk"
36x48 oil on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment