Jan 20, 2011

Coming to an End

Jackie:

We have just about two weeks left here in Guatemala. It's hard to believe our two months here is actually coming to an end. If I'm being completely honest, both Brenden and I are eager to return back to the States. We have greatly enjoyed this experience and just being completely immersed in another lifestyle for a short period of our lives. However, ideas, plans and desires for our future are ready to be played out in this next season of our lives. If anything, being a part of YWAM has taught me two things.

First, truly following Jesus has a cost. Often times I find myself holding onto areas of my life that I am unwilling to give over to God. I still struggle with this everyday. I have an idea of what I want for my life and what is best, not necessarily considering what God might think about it. Being almost 26 there are things I am facing now that I wouldn't think about a few years ago.. Starting a family, career, a home, etc. These are all things I am learning to daily trust God with.

Secondly, and the hope to our worries and concerns for following Jesus is that it IS worth it. Throughout this 6 minus we have visibly seen God provide for us over and over and over again. Even just quitting our secure jobs, moving and essentially having no income has been a true challenge for me. Everything I know that makes me feel secure has been left for now. God is good and a perfect friend to trust. The cost is worth it and He absolutely cares about the smallest of things in our lives.

February 4th we fly back ... Until then we will love and live as well as we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment